Date(s) - 04/15/2019 - 04/19/2019
Congratulations to the 2019 Summer Conference Grant Winner Greg Trine
2019 Summer Conference Grant Contest
Create a personal game plan outlining how you’ll leverage the opportunity to attend the SCBWI International Conference to take your writing or illustrating career to the next level or break into the game.
You could win $1000 to attend the SCBWI International Conference at the JW Marriott in Los Angeles August 9-12, 2019
This opportunity is open to all current SCBWI CenCal members (published OR not-yet-published). It will be awarded to one writer or one illustrator, as chosen by our judge. This grant is intended to contribute to the costs of tuition, a hotel room, and parking.
Applications will be accepted by email April 15-19, 2019.
Complete the grant entry form, found here 2019 Grant Contest Form, and then submit it along with the following:
WRITERS & ILLUSTRATORS:
- In 250 words or less, outline your game plan to level up as a writer or illustrator by attending the conference. Feel free to use your creative toolbox and include game metaphors and lingo or other creative expressions. Writers should paste the first two pages of a current work-in-progress following the 250 word statement. Artists should paste a full-page piece of finished art following the 250 word game plan.
1. Print and fill out the 2019 Grant Contest Form scan and send as a separate attachment.
2. Do NOT put your name on the content pages (if you do, you’ll be disqualified). Pages must be 12-point type, double-spaced. 1” margins.
3. Only one entry per person.
4. Previous winners not eligible.
5. If you win the grant and find that you cannot attend the SCBWI Summer Conference 2019, the grant award must be returned no later than June 30, 2019.
6. Email your submission content and entry form to email@example.com between April 15 and end of the day April 19, 2019.
7. Any submission that is not in compliance with the rules will be disqualified.
8. The winner of the $1,000 grant will be announced on or about April 22, 2019.
Questions? Contact: Regional Advisor, Rebecca Langston-George firstname.lastname@example.org