Date(s) - 04/01/2018 - 04/06/2018
2018 Summer Conference Grant Contest
Discover Your Most Creative Self
Write an action plan to describe how you would use the grant money
to discover more about your craft and create your dream kid lit project.
You could win $1000 to attend the SCBWI Summer Conference in LA.
There is always something new to discover: a tool or technique, a tip or philosophy. What will you discover this year?
This opportunity is open to all SCBWI members (published OR not-yet-published) who reside in any of the following counties: Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, or Kern. It will be awarded to one writer or one illustrator, as chosen by our judge. This grant is intended to contribute to the costs of tuition, a hotel room, and parking.
Applications will be accepted by email April 1-6, 2018.
Complete the grant entry form, found here Grant Contest Entry Form, and then submit it along with the following:
- In 250 words or less tell us how you will use the grant money to further your career and how attending the conference is an integral part of that plan. What do you hope to discover? Paste the first two pages of your current work-in-progress following the 250 word statement.
- In 250 words or less tell us tell us how you will use the grant money to further your career and how attending the conference is an integral part of that plan. What do you hope to discover?
- Submit two pieces of full-page, finished art. They don’t necessarily have to belong to the same story.
1. Print and fill out the Grant Contest Entry Form, scan and send as a separate attachment.
2. Do NOT put your name on the content pages (if you do, you’ll be disqualified). Pages must be 12-point type, double-spaced. 1” margins.
3. Only one entry per person.
4. Previous winners not eligible.
5. If you win the grant and find that you cannot attend the SCBWI Summer Conference 2018, the grant award must be returned no later than June 30, 2018.
6. Email your submission content and entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org between April 1 and end of the day April 6, 2018.
7. Any submission that is not in compliance with the rules will be disqualified.
8. The winner of the $1,000 grant will be announced on or about April 13, 2018.