Date(s) - 05/09/2020 - 05/12/2020
Congratulations to this year’s grant recipients: Anita Perez Ferguson, Paulina Hill, Harshini Vankineni, Teresa Speranza Vargas, Robb Wilkinson
2020 Summer Spectacular Online Conference Grant Contest
Create Your Own Adventure
(From the safety of your own home)
Tell us how attending the 2020 Summer Spectacular will assist you in creating your own spectacular writer or artist adventure this summer.
You could win tuition to attend the 2020 SCBWI Summer Spectacular Online Conference July 31-August 3, 2020
This opportunity is open to all current SCBWI CenCal members (published OR not-yet-published). This grant is intended to cover the $100 tuition plus $125 for a manuscript or portfolio consultation (if indicated in your application). Up to five grants will be given.
Applications will be accepted by email May 9 through May 12 at 7:00pm, 2020. No Late entries will be accepted.
Complete the grant entry form, found here 2020 Summer Grant, and then submit it along with the following:
WRITERS & ILLUSTRATORS:
- In 250 words or less, describe how attending the conference will aid in your planned spectacular writing or illustrating adventure (from the safe isolation of your very own home). Feel free to get creative! How will you make an adventure of the conference from home? Writers should paste the first two pages of a current work-in-progress following the 250 word statement. Artists should paste a full-page piece of finished art following the 250 word statement.
1. Print and fill out the 2020 Summer Grant scan and send as a separate attachment. Note that you are sending 2 attachments. The Grant Contest Form with your name AND the 250 word statement with pages or illustration pasted after it that does NOT include your name.
2. Do NOT put your name on the content pages (if you do, you’ll be disqualified). Pages must be 12-point type, double-spaced. 1” margins.
3. Only one entry per person.
4. Previous winners not eligible.
5. If you win the grant and find that you cannot attend the online Summer Spectacular Conference, the grant award must be returned no later than June 30, 2020.
6. Email your submission content and entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org between May 9 and 7pm (Pacific Time) May 12, 2020.
7. Any submission that is not in compliance with the rules will be disqualified.
8. The winners of the grants will be announced on or about May 13, 2020. Recipients will receive a check in the mail within a few days of the announcement.
Questions? Contact: Regional Advisor, Rebecca Langston-George email@example.com