SCBWI CenCal Summer Art Contest
We are excited to try something new this summer for our local CenCal illustrator members. A summer art contest!
You can submit your illustration for a chance to be showcased on the CenCal website, as part of our “Pitch Like a Pro!” SCBWI CenCal’s July Writer’s Day.
The winning illustrator will:
* Have their image credited and appear on the CenCal site from June through July, the image will be shown during the winters day event, and a smaller image will also appear on the slider for Writer’s Day
* Free entry to our Summer CenCal writer’s day event
* A link on our site to their SCBWI portfolio and a $50 stipend for the use of their art in June and July. (illustrators retain all rights to their work)
We are so excited to be showcasing one of our CenCal member’s artworks for this event and on our site!
Please see the info below regarding specifications and details.Artwork can be traditional or digital media. If you need any help digitizing traditional art to submit, please reach out to me. If you have questions or to submit your work for consideration, please email me, Laura-Susan Thomas (CenCal IC-Illustrator Coordinator) email@example.com
Specifications and details:
* Must be an SCBWI CenCal member to enter
* The deadline to enter is Wednesday, May 25 end of the day
* Please submit a jpg and label your digital file: yourfullname.artworktitle.cencalsummerart.jpg
* Email your entry with the subject line: “SCBWI CenCal artwork contest” to – Laura-Susan Thomas (IC) at firstname.lastname@example.org
* The theme for our CenCal Writer’s Day is – “Pitch like a Pro”
(Think out of the box: summer, storytelling, pitches, inspired, fun…)
* The final size of the art for the site should be 8.5 x 2 inches – see below for a guide
* The winner will be announced on May 28, the winning image will be posted on the 28 on the banner, and will be featured for the months of June and July.
I look forward to seeing everyone’s talents!
IC for SCBWI-CENCAL region